Opt CAP-GAP Extension issues --- Urgent

tejra567

Hello All,

My opt is until 07/14/2012 and I have applied for my h1-b and it got approved from 01/10/2012 to 09/30/2015 but my attorney is telling me that though my H1 is approved the Change of Status from F1 to H1b did not get approved and I need to go out of USA before October to get the new VISA stamping.

Alos I have applied for my Cap-Gap extension and my college DOS is saying that H1 approval is not still updated in the SEVIS and they gave me the Opt extension only until 07/28/2012 .

Can some ony please advice me on what should I do for the SEVIS update and whom do i need to contact for getting it update until october 2012.

Plesae help me and advice me.

Thanks

My opt is until 07/14/2012 and I have applied for my h1-b and it got approved from 01/10/2012 to 09/30/2015 but my attorney is telling me that though my H1 is approved the Change of Status from F1 to H1b did not get approved and I need to go out of USA before October to get the new VISA stamping.

=> If, somehow, the COS is not approved, you would have to get the H1b stamping to start working from Oct 1st. Other option is: know about the reason behind failing COS, fix it and file COS again with form I539. You can do it yourself.

Also I have applied for my Cap-Gap extension and my college DOS is saying that H1 approval is not still updated in the SEVIS and they gave me the Opt extension only until 07/28/2012 .

=> Get the I797 and send the copy of this to your DSO, they should raise the data-fix ticket to SEVIS. Problems in SEVIS system is common and they are struggling to fix it for years.

Can some ony please advice me on what should I do for the SEVIS update and whom do i need to contact for getting it update until October 2012.

Hello wiweq,

Thank you very much for the update, I have told my attorney & employer to contact the premimum processing centre @ vermont to get the reason behind my denial of change of status , but my concern is

1) My attorney is telling me that it is better we file a Motion To Reopen for this , Is it the right process?

2) My DSO has opened a data fix ticket with SEVIS, but my concern is there any way that I can extend my CAP-GAP beyond July 28 in-case the SEVIS is not updated on time.

Archived