Is L1 visa possible in my case ?

prabhuvd

I was working for company A until 2010 Nov and now i work for company B , my manager in the US from company A would like to process my L1 now ( 2012 July) , is this possible since i have moved to a different company (B) ? .

Please suggest if there is a work around ?

I would like to add to the above :

I was working for company A until 2010 Nov and now i work for company B , my manager in the US from company A would like to process my L1 now ( 2012 July) , is this possible since i have moved to a different company (B) ? .

Please suggest if there is a work around ?

Do i have to go back to the company A to process L1 , if yes then what is the minimum duration i should be with company A ?

Assuming Company A and Company B are not related, your time spent working for Company A would essentially be irrelevant in determining whether you could work for Company B in L1 status.

To be eligible for L1, as Joe correctly indicated, you must have worked abroad (in a specialized knowledge, managerial, or executive capacity) for at least 1 year w/in the past 3 years. And, you must be coming to the U.S. to work for a related company in a specialized knowledge, managerial, or executive capacity.

Archived