H1 Transfer when H1 Amendment in progress

gofonso

Hi ,

My Employer A has initiated H1B Amendment for working from a new location and it is in progress as i have got the receipt number from USCIS.Meanwhile i got an offer from Employer B and they are filing for transfer .

1. Should i let know the Employer B regarding the Amendment?

Question 2 is applicable only if 1 is yes.

2. I have got the LCA that has been filed for the new location from my Employer A. Do i need to share this with Employer B along with my existing petition when they file for transfer?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

Generally, the most recent receipt number must be indicated on the Form I-129. In addition, the beneficiary must provide evidence that s/he is maintaining valid H1B status at the time of filing an H1B petition with a request for an extension of stay. Thus, it may be necessary to inform the new employer of the pending amendment petition to ensure all required information and documentation is provided to USCIS with the change of employer petition. Please schedule a consultation with a qualified immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case to determine whether this information must be provided to the new employer.

Archived