Doubt regarding EB2.

raj.kumar408

Hello everyone,

Could you please help me through this, I’m working for a company on H1B and I m planning to do online masters from an accredited university, the question is

1. After I complete my degree and find a new job can I file my GC in Eb-2, will the online degree be considered for EB-2.

2. Will my degree be considered if I complete it in one year (Is there any requirement that masters has to be 2 yrs for EB-2)?

3. Will my experience (the time that I’m working with my present company before and while doing masters) can be used to file my GC in EB2-masters+3 yrs (if it is requirement in the new job I go after completing my degree).

Thanks,

=> For EB2, masters should be an accredited school. There are many types of accreditions in USA, research those.

More importantly, for EB2, the job should require Masters Degree. Means, in the advertisement it should be clearly mentioned that the job requires minimum master’s degree. I have never seen this kind of job ad in USA.

=> For EB2, masters should be an accredited school. There are many types of accreditions in USA, research those.

More importantly, for EB2, the job should require Masters Degree. Means, in the advertisement it should be clearly mentioned that the job requires minimum master’s degree. I have never seen this kind of job ad in USA.

Hi Wiweq,

I have one question on EB2 qualification which I need to clarify.

I was working for an American Mnc in India from Feb 2006-Aug 2009.Till Aug 2009 I had 6 yrs of exp (3.5 yrs with the American MNC in India)

In Aug 2009 , I got an L1 and I came to USA.I worked with the company on L1 till dec 2011 and then I got transferred to H1 to a different employer.Now if I get my H1 transfer done to the same American company in US and they process my GC, will the experience I gained in India (Feb 2006-Aug 2009) would be counted for EB2 qualification ?

I read in this forum that the way USCIS determines is the employers are considered different if they have different FEIN.But companies in India don't have FEIN.I am little confused regarding this situation.

Is it safe to assume that the my GC can be processed in EB2 provided the other conditions are met?

Hi Wiweq,

I have one question on EB2 qualification which I need to clarify.

I was working for an American Mnc in India from Feb 2006-Aug 2009.Till Aug 2009 I had 6 yrs of exp (3.5 yrs with the American MNC in India)

In Aug 2009 , I got an L1 and I came to USA.I worked with the company on L1 till dec 2011 and then I got transferred to H1 to a different employer.Now if I get my H1 transfer done to the same American company in US and they process my GC, will the experience I gained in India (Feb 2006-Aug 2009) would be counted for EB2 qualification ?

I read in this forum that the way USCIS determines is the employers are considered different if they have different FEIN.But companies in India don't have FEIN.I am little confused regarding this situation.

Is it safe to assume that the my GC can be processed in EB2 provided the other conditions are met?

Please reply!!

Archived