Question Regarding the h1b quota

nishkaanangel

Hi Guys,

I Have a question regarding H1B quota. Now since the Quota is full for fy2013 thats means USCIS received the enough application...but my question is ::

Do they open quota again in October 2012??

my employer told me they opens quota in october, if they have rejection visas from quota which is full now.

"Do they open quota again in October 2012??

my employer told me they opens quota in october, if they have rejection visas from quota which is full now."

=> Quota for FY 2013 opened on April 1st 2012, and the same happens every year. This quota was filled on June 11th, 2012, no more quota for FY 2013. Quota for FY 2014 will open on April 1st, 2013. Find better employer or refer them an attorney.

The USCIS already accepts additional H-1B petitions beyoud the annual quota numbers (65,000 + 20,000) to accomodate for expected rejections and denials. The exact number of extra petitons it accepts is based on previous years rejection and denial numbers, and is not disclosed (i.e. an internal number).

Bottomline, the USCIS will not reopen H-1B petitions for FY2013 (which starts October 1, 2012). The next H1-B petition filing will be April 1, 2013 for FY2014. In other words, the next time a non-exempt H-1B petition can be filed is in 10 months for work starting in 16 months.

Archived