Urgent- H1B expiring Sep-12 and stamping still in administrative processing.

Sreeruthran

Hi All,

I went for H1B stamping on 5th of march 2012 in Hyd. The VO asked me about my supervisor related questions and gave me a white 221g form with administrative processing marked. It has been more than 3 months and I have also emailed VFS helpline couple of times and everytime they say they are forwarding the email to consulate but I dont hear anything from them.

My main concern is my H1B is expiring Sept-2012 and the visa is not yet stamped and I am stuck in India does this mean that:

1> If I dont get stamping done by Aug, I cannot apply for extension?

2> Is there another way to question this process?

3> The case number that was provided to me is not a valid #.

This is a very urgent and I need some help and guidance. Please suggest asap.

Thanks,

Hi All,

I went for H1B stamping on 5th of march 2012 in Hyd. The VO asked me about my supervisor related questions and gave me a white 221g form with administrative processing marked. It has been more than 3 months and I have also emailed VFS helpline couple of times and everytime they say they are forwarding the email to consulate but I dont hear anything from them.

My main concern is my H1B is expiring Sept-2012 and the visa is not yet stamped and I am stuck in India does this mean that:

1> If I dont get stamping done by Aug, I cannot apply for extension?

2> Is there another way to question this process?

3> The case number that was provided to me is not a valid #.

This is a very urgent and I need some help and guidance. Please suggest asap.

Thanks,

You need to file H1B extension asap, ask your employer to file it. If you dont get your visa in next 2-3 weeks,I would suggest take the new h1b extension and attend the consulate again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi evryone,

So finally I requested my passport back and requested for the petition case withdrawal and to this email on the 3rd of July I got a response saying as below:

Dear XXX,

Your visa is approved and should be receiving your passport in 5 to 7 working days.

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit

U.S. Consulate General

Hyderabad, India

Email: HydCEA@state.gov

Now my concern is it has already been 3 working days and VFS is not informed about this and their system still says its under processing. I am soo confused what is going on?

Please suggest asap.....This is URGENT!!!

Thanks in Advance.

Archived