H1B expiry, renewal process in works and H4 VISA tbd

skrish2

Hi

I'm a newbie to this forum and this is my first post.

I request experts/gurus in this immgration forum to help me out or suggest options concerning my predicament.

My current H1B (second one) expires Sept 30, 2012. My I-140 is approved and my new H1B renewal process (third one) is currently in the works (not yet submitted).

I am currently engaged and the wedding date has been fixed for Aug 29, 2012. I would like for my spouse to go for H4 stamping immediately after our wedding on Aug 30, 2012. While my H1B visa would allow me to get back to the US, I have the following concerns.

. I think my wife's H4 VISA will only be valid till Sept 30, 2012 (same as my current H1B).

. Can I apply for H1B renewal by premium processing and then apply for a renewal of my H1B and a new H4 for my wife simultaneously. Can I do this on Aug 30, 2012 before my H1B expires a month later?

. Please suggest any other work around so as to ensure a smooth visa approval so that both my wife and I can stay in the US atleast for the next three years or until my green-card priority date becomes current.

Many thanks,

-Santhosh

One thing to note here is that H4 stamping might need a marriage certificate and a few marriage photograph. The visa officer may not ask for it but you should carry them as a proof of your marriage.

Also, why don't you get your h1 petition extended right away and go for stamping together. That should be an easy breezy solution.

Archived