221g green in Chennai Tracker May/June 2012

Akki03

I attended the Visa interview(E C Model) on May 25th, was given 221(G) Green slip.

I was asked to produce the following documents.

Letter from Client company regarding project and copy of contract between H1B sponsor and client with all the details of time of project, agreement, etc

A detail report on the project that you will work on at client including the technical details, time line, current status, employees assigned, etc

I did submitted the above documents last week.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @221GBlueGreen / Akki03,

Were you client and employer contacted after submitting the client letter / contract . If yes, after how many days ?

Thanks.

I attended the Visa interview(E C Model) on May 25th, was given 221(G) Green slip.

I was asked to produce the following documents.

Letter from Client company regarding project and copy of contract between H1B sponsor and client with all the details of time of project, agreement, etc

A detail report on the project that you will work on at client including the technical details, time line, current status, employees assigned, etc

I did submitted the above documents last week.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I attended the interview on June 13th 2012; VO handed me a green slip requesting for the following documnets

1. Employer tax returns

2. Employee wage reports

The VO said my visa is approved, provided I submit the above documents with the passports to the VFS. I submiited the docs and passports to the vfs on June 19th 2012. Its going to be 1 month now and I have not heard anything from the consulate.

There is a tracker on the vfs for the pnk slip cases but no tracker for the green slip.

The interview was at the Chennai consulate.

I do understand no one knows about the processing time lines. You just got to wait.

Thanks.

Hi

I want to thank everyone for all the great work and updates.

I attended Chennai Consulate for H1B on July 5th 2012 @ 0900 am I got interviewed for 3 hours. Initially I got Interviewed with a 35+ year old American lady from 0900-0915am. I got hurt while playing a Baseball League in US So I had a Knee surgery in India and Unfortunately I got stuck with this 221g. I had my interview in Wheel Chair.

She asked me

1. What happened to knee?

2. I 797,I129 LCA

3. My client information,Job Confirmation letter,Salary,Employer location,client location,Supervisor details etc

VO told me I will be having another Interview for me at a different counter.After I waited for around 40mins I was called at diff counter. This time a Indian guy early 30s Interviewed me for 2 hours. He told me he was told to make a report of my stay from day1 in USA to the last day i been there.He asked me almost each and every single document from last 5 years of my stay, I even showed him my I-140 Approval (GC). I provided all the docs. Finally they took a sworn statement and asked me to sign. The lady VO who interviewed me initially came back again. She took the report and asked me W2 forms,Pay checks,Bak Statements,Client letter,master agreement betwen client & my petioner And H1B RFE docs. I dont have Master agreement and H1B RFE docs .So she handed me a green slip requesting for the following documnets

1. Master Agreement b/w client and Petitioner

2. H1B RFE requested by USCIS. ( I doubt if the chennai and USCIS consualte may not have lot of data in sync,Coz After Submitting the RFE docs in the month of May 2012 to USCIS in US I got my Visa approved till 2015 )

I was Surprised why they Interviewed me so long. Im positive I will pass this Obstacle.

I went to USA on F1 Visa 5 years ago and changed 4 different employers in the last 3+ years . They also asked me all my H1 B approvals in the past . I 129 from my previous employer.

The VO returned my Passport and took all my documents every single doc. Its almost 300+ pages,she asked me to drop those docs at VFS drop box and they gonna review and ask my passport.She also wished me good luck in healing my Knee with a smile.

I submitted all the docs on July11 2012

Just counting Fingers...!! I wish everyone Good luck

Thanks

221g Victim :(

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my case:

Interview date: 05th June 2012

VO issues green slip asking for contract papers, paystubs, employer-employee relationship related docs (EVC model)

Docs Submitted: 13th July 2012

Visa stamped: 26th July 2012

Got an email to pick up passport from VFS on the same day. I picked it up today (27th July 2012)

Archived