Lay off and h1b transfer

Vans

Hi

I am on h4 visa in USA and have applied for h1b visa as a Pharmacy Intern through an Independent Pharmacy this year. As Pharmacy Intern code is not available, the lawyer asked my employer to mention the prevailing wages for Pharmacist level - I, on LCA. The salary comes around 100k+ per annum. My employer did the same while filing my LCA and H1b visa application. Now my employer thinks that he will not be able to pay me the stated salary, so he he will lay me off soon after the visa gets approved. But he can afford to pay me less salary. So is it possible to amend the LCA with less salary. (In past many of the h1b cases got approved for less salary by retail chains). If yes, then when can I do that. Should I wait till visa gets approved or I can do it before that?

I have another employer who can sponsor my visa, but he will offer me less salary. And he can pay me around 45000 per annum. He wants to use the prevailing wages for Pharmacy technician as the duties of Pharmacy Intern and Pharmacy technician are near about same. Many of the retail chains have offered such salary in past for Pharmacy intern position. So in this case do I have h1b visa transfer option? Then what will happen to previous LCA?

Please advise me what I should do in this situation. Will all this create any problem with my current h4 visa?

I will appreciate if you can answer my questions.

Thanks,

Vans

Archived