Green slip given in April- visa stamped in 5 weeks

mc2012

Hi Guys,

I would like to share my experience with everyone, as I know how painful and stressful it is to wait for the 221(g) processing to get over.

First of all I made a mistake, I went for stamping when my visa was valid and stamped till sep 2012. I thought changing the employer will need another stamping.. Please do not go for stamping if your H1 visa is still valid.. Changing employer doesnt require stamping.

Second of all, I had no idea that I can get into trouble due to the EVC model since I am not from IT industry. Everybody told me you are in healthcare you should be fine. So guys no matter what, if u r working in an EVC model please ask your lawyer or employer to provide you with solid evidence of employer- employee relationship.

So I went for interview on April 17th and was handed a green slip asking for a lot of documents, which I submitted on May 2nd. Since then I was waiting to hear back from the consulate. Somebody suggested me to ask my employer to write a letter to consulate and fax it there, which he did stating that his company has full control on my employment etc.

I also emailed them the same letter and tried making phone calls which they did not entertain. Of-course!!

In the meantime, since my H1 is about to expire in sep 2012. I contacted an attorney at Murthy firm and they suggested me to go for it. They told me they will make a strong case on the basis of good employer- employee relationship. So i started that process. However, i wasnt given any guarantee that my visa will be approved this time, which makes sense.Because ultimately its in consulate's hands.

Anyway, I was just in the middle of the process when I heard back from the consulate and got my Visa stamped on June 08, 2012.

So for me it was a wait of 5 weeks from the day of submission of the documents. I can not thank God enough for this!!!!!

I can understand what people go thru when they have to wait in uncertainty. But just be hopeful, keep faith and stay strong. It helps!!!

If you have any questions, I am happy to help.

Cheers!

Did the Vo take your passport at the interview ?

If not how much time did it take from when you submitted your passport to having the passport back with the visa stamp ?

Hi Guys,

I would like to share my experience with everyone, as I know how painful and stressful it is to wait for the 221(g) processing to get over.

First of all I made a mistake, I went for stamping when my visa was valid and stamped till sep 2012. I thought changing the employer will need another stamping.. Please do not go for stamping if your H1 visa is still valid.. Changing employer doesnt require stamping.

Second of all, I had no idea that I can get into trouble due to the EVC model since I am not from IT industry. Everybody told me you are in healthcare you should be fine. So guys no matter what, if u r working in an EVC model please ask your lawyer or employer to provide you with solid evidence of employer- employee relationship.

So I went for interview on April 17th and was handed a green slip asking for a lot of documents, which I submitted on May 2nd. Since then I was waiting to hear back from the consulate. Somebody suggested me to ask my employer to write a letter to consulate and fax it there, which he did stating that his company has full control on my employment etc.

I also emailed them the same letter and tried making phone calls which they did not entertain. Of-course!!

In the meantime, since my H1 is about to expire in sep 2012. I contacted an attorney at Murthy firm and they suggested me to go for it. They told me they will make a strong case on the basis of good employer- employee relationship. So i started that process. However, i wasnt given any guarantee that my visa will be approved this time, which makes sense.Because ultimately its in consulate's hands.

Anyway, I was just in the middle of the process when I heard back from the consulate and got my Visa stamped on June 08, 2012.

So for me it was a wait of 5 weeks from the day of submission of the documents. I can not thank God enough for this!!!!!

I can understand what people go thru when they have to wait in uncertainty. But just be hopeful, keep faith and stay strong. It helps!!!

If you have any questions, I am happy to help.

Cheers!

I went to Delhi consulate. VO asked me questions about employer-employee relationship and I was not prepared for it. VO took my passport and asked me to submit some documents listed in greeen slip. It too me 2 weeks to submit everything as I wanted to submit original documents. After submisison, it took 5 weeks to get my passport with stamped visa back.

Hi mc2012,

I was under the same situation last year. I was in US from 2006 -2011 f1-h1. Came to india on feb 2011 for 1st h1b stamping. I went to delhi consulate. VO Asked me employe-employer relationship questions which i answered. He took my ppt and all relevent doc (offer letter, lca, 797, employee agreement, vendor, client letter) and provided me green slip mentioning that they are reviewing the case. I didnt get response from last 4 months and my petetion was about to expire on sept 2011. HOWEVER, ON JUNE 1ST WEEK THEY REJECTED MY VISA AND SENT MY CASE TO USCIS FOR FURTHER REVIEW.

my new petition is approved and planning to go for visa stamping. Please let me know how good is to take attorney help from murthy forum. Is it really helpful ?

@ Simplyanks,

I am really sorry to hear your experience! Is your new petition with the same employer? I don't really know much about a rejected visa case. It is always helpful to take consultation from somebody who knows legal matters. Do not just ask common people like us because everyone has different experience which can misguide you. Please go ahead and take consultation form an attorney regarding your case. Even if it is your own company's lawyer. Please make a list of the questions that can be asked and be prepared for the interview. Taking consultation from Murthy Firm helped me in making some decisions. They also have this firm based in Chennai which can also help you with interview preparation and getting all the paper work together. Since u have already faced this problem, I would advice u not to take any chances and take advice from experts.

Good luck!

Archived