H1B Stamping Ottawa or Hyderabad?

Hi All,

I came to US on F1 visa in 2005, graduated and started working on H1B from 2007.

This is my first time stamping, thinking of going in 2nd week of Aug and working for fortune 500 companies through EVC model. Have approved I-140.

Deciding to go any of these consulate but before that need your help and suggestions and below are my concerns/questions:

1) Canada/Ottawa or Hyderabad for H1B Stamping?

2) If the VO asks why didn't you visit your home country for last 7yrs, what best answer can I give?

3) If they issue me 221g in Canada, Is it advisible to go India the next couple of days?

4) I will carrying client letter but a letter from the police to the consulate in Canada saying that I have no criminal will help to support the documentation?

Is anybody traking the successfull first time visa stamping to these consulates, like a summary page for Ottawa/Hyd, we can create one as I don't see on this forum?

Thanks in advance and will be waiting for your advice.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't go to my home country for 7 years and then went to vancouver for the first time stamping in 2010. First time always takes longer. I got the 221 g on Tue and got the passport on the following monday. This year I went to Ottawa and got the visa approved and passort in two days.

Archived