Please advise.Going to vancouver from india after recieving 221g clearence mail.

SaleemM

Hi,

I attended interview for H1B visa in vancouver on feb 24 .i think beacuse of common muslim name i was given 221g .i was there in canada for couple of months and thn came to india.

I got an email from consulate this week and have to go to canada and take my visa.Please advise on what documents should i carry while going to canada, i mean for canada immigration..i heard that we need to take roundtrip ticket from india otherwise they are not going to allow me into canada??

If anybody has gone thorough a similar situation like me please let me know wht question did the canada immg officer ask at port of entry..

please email me at saleemub@gmail.com

Thank you!

Just carry below docs that are enough:

1. Email Print

2. 221g Form

3. Passport

4. Better to keep round trip ticket for any question.

Carry Only those docs and at the immigration you can tell them i have an appointment at US consulate office. It is 5 mins work to submit those at us consulate because no line no question just submit docs and wait for the result.

I guess this would help you.

Go ahead and reserve car at the enterprise at canada airport. should the immigration at canada ask you about round trip ticket tell them you have USA visa and would be driving to usa after finishing up documentation at the USA embassy. show them the email printout you got from embassy.

Since you already had one entry into canada it shouldn't be any problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I attended interview for H1B visa in vancouver on feb 24 .i think beacuse of common muslim name i was given 221g .i was there in canada for couple of months and thn came to india.

I got an email from consulate this week and have to go to canada and take my visa.Please advise on what documents should i carry while going to canada, i mean for canada immigration..i heard that we need to take roundtrip ticket from india otherwise they are not going to allow me into canada??

If anybody has gone thorough a similar situation like me please let me know wht question did the canada immg officer ask at port of entry..

please email me at saleemub@gmail.com

Thank you!

Hi SaleemM,

Would you please update on what you did after receiving email from US consulate.

Thanks.

Archived