Successful stamping @ Vancouver June 4

champswc2011

Hi

Disclaimer: The following information is my experience which can vary significantly from yours. Use the information at your own judgement.

Back ground: MS in USA in Chemical Engg.

1st H1B petition: Got only 1 year after RFE about how my education is related to work

2nd H1B petion: Approved 3 years after RFE about E-E relationship

Interview @ counter 5

ME: Greetings.

VO: No reply

1) Is this your first H1B ?

A) This is my second H1B petition but first H1B visa stamping

2) Who is your employer?

3) Who is your end client?

4) End Client location?

5) What's the business of end client?

6) What is your title with your employer ?

A) SA

7) What is your title with your client ?

A) SA

8) How long you are with your current employer ?

A) 1year 5 months

9) What's your highest level of education?

A) Masters

10) Whats your major in?

A) Chemical Engg.

11) What exactly you do for client ?

A) Started explaining my responsibilities

12) where do your work help in the client business ? in exploration ? (client in Oil and Gas sector)

A) replied across the entire spectrum of client business

13) How did you get into Programming ?

A) I got programming experience while working for my graduate thesis. Also, I got 5 certifications of them 4 are directly related to programming. Having a chemical engg background helps in easily understanding the complex business processes involved in industries like Pharma, Oil and Gas, etc.

14) Did you have programming experience before?

A) Yes.

15) Can I see your LCA?

16) Where did you work before in OPT

A) YYY company, my employer sister company

17) What business YYY company is in?

A) They provide end to end IT technology solutions

18) Were you 2 years with your current employer?

A) 1 year 5 months to be precise.

19) Who long you are in US?

20) Are you benched?

21) Does your employer pays you ontime?

Visa is approved.

Misc. Information:

1) Loomis e-mail ended up in Spam in my gmail as the they send the e-mail in English and French (that's the reason why it ended in spam). Please check your spam folder too. I _heard_ you usually you get the e-mail before it shows up in usvisa-info account.

2) Loomis is Closed Sat'day and Sunday

3) I had to go through lot of issues for my visa stamping ranging from shortened validity period for first petition....RFEs....Client manager leaving the company(after signing the letter)...Prime Vendor leaving the company(after signing the letter).. not sure how long I can be with client....Lawyer vacation for 10 days(when I was within 25 days to appointment date).....HR manager maternity leave after lawyer starting working...moving out of apt on May 31st .... last but not least.. boarding connecting flight within 1 min of departure(for no fault of my own :( ).

4) Tide changed after I landed in Vancouver. Everything started coming my way...hotel stay/commute/ visa interview were memorable and even got a good flight deal.... I was able to meet two of my friends at SFO(had to stop over for 4 hours) which I thought off meeting them during July 4th weekend earlier..

Canada Immigration:

1) Why are you in Canada?

A) to get my US visa stamping

2) Appt datetime ?

But I heard they may ask more questions at Canadian immigration. Be prepared so that you won't be off-guard.

Picked PP from loomis on Wednesday and US immigration is done in Canada itself for US bound flights which took me a while like 90 min,

Through out my way my friends helped me a lot. Thanks to them......

Thanks!

Additional Information:

1) Most places accept USD at 1:1. They accept USD and give change in CAD

2) Need to have CAD change when parking car. Parking is expensive in Vancouver atleast for people who come from TX

3) Metro Parking opposite to Consulate(gold color building) offer parking for 15.50 CAD/day( they accept only CAD) when parked before 9 AM else it is something like 23-25 CAD/day.

4) Even in June, it is little bit cold in Vancouver wearing a light jacket helps a lot.

5) I booked only one-way as I am not sure how long I am going to stay after interview in Vancouver.

Archived