221g from oct 2011...Please advice....

deepu86

Hello,

My husband went for VISA stamping in oct 2011 and ended up with 221g Blue from Hyderabad.He lost his client project after a month.He thought it was a long wait to get an update.Later he started looking for a job in india and found one.Company which he is working in india applied for B1 visa and he went for stamping and got rejected.I am working in US and in OPT right now,so he attended F2 (dependant) and that one rejected too.

Now we are in such a confusing state that unable to decide whats next.We got married in oct2011 and being apart since then.Please advice

-- Can he attend B1 once again?

-- Transfer his H1 to some other employer and go for stamping once again

Please Advice...

1.) if he attends B1 again for the same company than chances are less to get an approval.

2.) Transfer H1 to some other employer and go for stamping, a very good chances for getting an H1 visa stamped but make sure that new employment must be a fulltime or atleast a EC model structure, otherwise he might end up with another rejection.

F2 is not a good option and has very less or almost no chance to get an approval, how much time left for your OPT, if it is not more than six months then you should apply for your H1 and let him appear for H4, which has a fair chance.

I understand your situation becuase I have being through the kind of same, good luck

Sorry to hear about your plight, but this has become very common in consulates in India. To answer your questions:

Unless the company sponsoring his B1 has a very good reputation and clean history, his B1 wont be approved.

He can apply for another H1B, but that also has to be backed up with very good company history and proper documentation. Forget about EVC model for the next attempt. Try a fulltime job.

One thing I can suggest is, you convert to H1B and have your husband appear for H4 visa stamping. No guarantee but seems the better option unless he has a fulltime job for H1B.

Archived