H1 B Stamping from Vancouver, Canada

Adwitiya

Hi,

I am planning to travel to a business project outside USA. My H1B stamping has been expired on my passport. I have a valid H1 Visa till August 2013. I am thinking to go to Canada for H1B Visa stamping in July 2012. My Wife also will need stamping for H4, so she will accompany me.

I wanted to take your advice regarding this.

• Is it a good time to go out of country and have H1B stamped?
  • What documents shall i carry with me?
  • I have my Labor and I-140 approved, will that help?
  • I just got a baby in April 2012 who is US citizen (ofcourse), would bringing the child with me to the Visa office increase our chances of getting H1B/H4 stamping?
  • I am working on a client location and my company's headquarter is at different location...i will carry the client letter with me.
  • Anyone know the waiting peried to get an appointment for VISA in Vancouver?

Please reply back with your thoughts.

Thanks,

- Adwitiya

• Is it a good time to go out of country and have H1B stamped? - There is really no good/bad time unless something drastic has happened (for example there was a terrorist threat which involved a citizen of your country in which case there will be heightened scrutiny of those coming from a particular country, especially males)
  • Anyone know the waiting peried to get an appointment for VISA in Vancouver? - No hard rules to this. First time, it took me about 3 months to find a spot. The second time, I found a spot the very first time I tried. Just check the visa website. Sometimes you could be lucky and get a spot because someone canceled their interview
  • What documents shall i carry with me? - The visa website will list all the needed documents

Archived