Working remotely on H1B - Switching Jobs

Hi all,

My wife works for a company X in VA and last 8 months back she moved to OR due to my job. Her employer X approved her to work from OR (by connecting to companies VPN and her work machine was still in VA) and there was no new LCA or H1B filed at that time. But she updated her W2 with OR address and she paid the OR state taxes for the portion of the year she was in OR. Now she got a job locally in OR and her new companies lawyer suggested her to apply for a new LCA with old company for OR before they apply for the new H1B petition. When she went back to her Old company X and requested for the new LCA for OR, the old companies lawyer told that she needs to apply for a new LCA and new H1B. My question is, I understand the need for new LCA, but why new H1B? (also the new lawyer requested for just the new LCA before he applies for her new H1B). Is the old lawyer fooling us into do both LCA and new amended H1B with the old company before she moves to her new company? any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Sudhi

Archived