H1B Amendment RFE

pgknit

In my original I797A document i got the H1B extension approval till May 2013. But I discovered that the employer/petitioner name was spelled incorrectly. So i submitted an application for H1B amend. Now i have got a RFE for this amend application. I got it from some of my friends that as this was just a misspell in petitioner name, i should not have gone for the amend in H1b application. Does this RFE on amend application voids my H1B extension approval? Is there a way i can pull out this amend application and stay with the original I797A document?

"Does this RFE on amend application voids my H1B extension approval?"

=> Yes, they have all the rights to change the validity of I797 after amendments.

"But I discovered that the employer/petitioner name was spelled incorrectly. So i submitted an application for H1B amend. Now i have got a RFE for this amend application."

=> How can you submit the H1b amendment and you got the RFE too.

"Does this RFE on amend application voids my H1B extension approval?"

=> Yes, they have all the rights to change the validity of I797 after amendments.

"But I discovered that the employer/petitioner name was spelled incorrectly. So i submitted an application for H1B amend. Now i have got a RFE for this amend application."

=> How can you submit the H1b amendment and you got the RFE too.

USCIS has raised the RFE against my H1B amend application processing so its not against the original H1B extension. The original H1B extension is already approved till May 2013.

"USCIS has raised the RFE against my H1B amend application processing so its not against the original H1B extension. The original H1B extension is already approved till May 2013. "

=> You will get a new I797, and validity period may vary.

Archived