DS-160 form questions - Urgent

h1bperm

Hi,

I am currently working in US on H1B visa for past 5 years. I am going to travel to india next month and need to go for visa stamping. I am in the process of completing DS-160 form for myself and my family.

I got couple of questions:

1. Home Address - Whether it should be US address (or) India address. Mailing address will be provided with India address, but got confused whether Home address should be US or India address.

2. Work Phone - In case, if i have to provide India address in Home address, what should be work phone? US work phone or does not apply?

3. Previous Work Experience - It says to list last 5 years experience. I have around 12 yrs of experience in total. Should i mentioned only companies worked in the previous 5 years or should i list everything.

Also, my wife was working earlier in india but her last employmner was more than 5 years ago before coming to US. So should i mention her old experience or should i say not working.

Expecting answers ASAP.

1. You are resident so provide your US address. However, pls make sure they have another area in DS160 asking for mailing address. If they dont put you India address as home address otherwise you wont get your passport in India.

2. Put US phone no. For this I would recommend to put the company's main phone no. where the company receptionist picks up and directs call.

3. You have to list your last 5 years of experience.

Archived