Employer name in DS-160 - Very complicated

cooltoo8190

Hi Friends,

Need some expert advise on this.

I have been working for XXX employer for past 6 yrs..

I was initially hired by XXX India Pvt Ltd and worked for two years in India and I was on Indian payroll for all that time.

I then got transferred to XXX US LLC, on L1B and was on US payroll for 3 yrs working for XXX US LLC

After that I recently got transferred to XXX Canada Inc. and currently working in Canada on Canadian Payroll.

XXX US LLC filed a H1B petition which got approved and I plan to appear for interview for interview in Canada.

I wanted to check what details should i fill in Current Employer section. There are 3 options posssible for this :-

1. Simply list current employer as XXX and current work location as Canada work location (This is what i have currently filled in DS-160 and submitted the same to book appointment)

2. List current employer as XXX India Pvt Ltd and current work location as Canada work location

3. List current employer as XXX Canada Inc. and current work location as Canada work location. In this case I need to indicate past employments with XXX US LLC and XXX India Pvt. Ltd and list their work locations.

Please advise if it fine to go with Option 1 or need to select Option 2/3 or something else?

Hi Friends,

Need some expert advise on this.

I have been working for XXX employer for past 6 yrs..

I was initially hired by XXX India Pvt Ltd and worked for two years in India and I was on Indian payroll for all that time.

I then got transferred to XXX US LLC, on L1B and was on US payroll for 3 yrs working for XXX US LLC

After that I recently got transferred to XXX Canada Inc. and currently working in Canada on Canadian Payroll.

XXX US LLC filed a H1B petition which got approved and I plan to appear for interview for interview in Canada.

I wanted to check what details should i fill in Current Employer section. There are 3 options posssible for this :-

1. Simply list current employer as XXX and current work location as Canada work location (This is what i have currently filled in DS-160 and submitted the same to book appointment)

2. List current employer as XXX India Pvt Ltd and current work location as Canada work location

3. List current employer as XXX Canada Inc. and current work location as Canada work location. In this case I need to indicate past employments with XXX US LLC and XXX India Pvt. Ltd and list their work locations.

Please advise if it fine to go with Option 1 or need to select Option 2/3 or something else?

Option 3 looks to be the best in your case

• 6 years later...

Archived