Implications of not returning I-94 while exiting USA

MPrakash

Dear All,

Recently while travelling from USA to Canada, at the port of entry in Canada, the officer asked me, if he could take' my I-94, In my passport, I have three stubs of I-94 with same number, but only one of them has "till valid" date. The other two are stubs from I-797. Officer took the old one which has "till valid" date and returned back to me the other two and he stamped the date of entry to Canada. I'm in Canada currently for my H1B stamping. However, I'm worrying now, because the office did not take all the cards and only took one of them, though all the cards share the same I-94 number. Would this cause any problem to me, while re-entering into USA. Is there any website to check, or enquire if my departure is correctly registered.

Thanks

Manohar

Dear All,

Recently while travelling from USA to Canada, at the port of entry in Canada, the officer asked me, if he could take' my I-94, In my passport, I have three stubs of I-94 with same number, but only one of them has "till valid" date. The other two are stubs from I-797. Officer took the old one which has "till valid" date and returned back to me the other two and he stamped the date of entry to Canada. I'm in Canada currently for my H1B stamping. However, I'm worrying now, because the office did not take all the cards and only took one of them, though all the cards share the same I-94 number. Would this cause any problem to me, while re-entering into USA. Is there any website to check, or enquire if my departure is correctly registered.

Thanks

Manohar

I think you should be good as far you have given the latest I-94 you should be good.

Archived