Toronto stamping - H1 B extension - May 14th

Prajuval

Sorry for writing this so late.

I am from ohio, and booked a slot on May 14th - 8AM, i think that is the first slot. Please do remember that the US consulate is a big building from the university avenue, but the address is from the back of the building, so it is on the simcoe street...the flag is not seen clearly..on the university avenue. if you stand at staples on the university avenue, you can see the flag.

You have to print the interview letter. I didnt know that..I thought DS160 isthe only we have to print. The interview letter shows the time and the date. It is an option for us to print which i didnt. it is delaying our entry, we have to go the window , give our passport and verify ourselves which is another unnecessary tension, in what we already have i felt

coming to the accomodation, there is a residence for university students Chestnut residency, it is hardly 2 streets from the us consulate and the price is pretty reasonable, even though you wont have a TV, everything is good and perfect.

After the intial security check ( avoid taking electronics, but if you take as well, they will take in the front and give you a card. back packs are not allowed) they give u a folder where we put our D160 and I 797. they give you a slip with a number the first window - PIMS is checked - the lady wrote PIMS ok on the D160- gave it back to me. then finger prints. done.

I was waiting thinking i would be called as the 9th memebr , but they called me 2nd itself.

Visa officer(lady with her head covered) : where do you work

Me :xxxxx

What is your salary

xxxx( i told what is in the LCA)

VO : Let me open your petiion

she doesnt talk for a while that my heart beat started increasing

VO : how does your employer look after your work

me : my employer is hardly 15 mins from my client ...so it is easy for me to update them ( she is opening google and checking the addresses to see if i am saying right..i didnt know that but another guy told me)

VO - so you lead a team of x xx members

me : yes mam, ( i felt she had the assumption that all 9 are from the same employer. i didnt elaborate)

VO- so do you "all" work in the client place or your employer

me : maximum at the client place

where did you do your masters?

london , united kingdom

your visa is approved. you can pick it in 2 to 3 business days

monday was the interview, we got the email on wednesday night around 8 PM that they are ready for pick up

if it shows in the trackign that it reached MArkham/Brampton. please go, because in Markham,their scanner got spoiled and they didnt update our status, Luckily i met another guy who forced me to come..so we went together luckily

Wherever you stay, please call the CTC ( public transport) and ask them how to go..they are very helpful. I didnt do the homework on that but the other guy did. We just look a green line from Queens station and changed to a bus 17 A to markham..which costed little over $10.00 and took us 3 hours to and fro from Toronto

Overall toronto is a good place to eat and visit as well if you are sure you got the visa...

Email me if you have any doubts. and i will help u if i can

I took a bus actually to and fro tornoto from ohio..which costed less and i felt was safe...no parking charges..happily sit and go ..no driviing stress. $74.00 on one side and $78.00 the other side. Greyhound bus

Thank you...for all who shared their experiences which was helpful for me as well.

Cheers

D...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived