H1 Amendment and Time shortened

givemevisa

I know a lot of guys ask this question here if length of H1 can get affected while doing an H1 ammendment. I was one of the guys who had this doubt. Just wanted to let you know that YES its possible. My H1 was valid till Sept2013, but during amendment they reduced it to Sept2012 there by giving me only 5 months from date of approval which is absurd. I had submitted all the documents/contracts and open ended client letter. I am on EVC model. So anything is possible and we just need to be prepared. On the other hand I had a friend of mine whose H1 got extended by 1 year during amendment. Such is life.

Such is life.

=> True. Who knows USCIS is doing this for scrutiny purposes or making money by H1b filings!

Earlier, people where used to get 3 years approval. Now they are giving the same time of approval it is as low as 6 parts. Now, they make 30K instead of 5K from one H1b. Even after earning so much, they are slow and taking 2 weeks even for PP receipt. People do more PP, they earn more. 2 years back only employer could pay the PP fees. They made it payable by beneficiary, now they make more. True, such is life.

Archived