NOIR - over 60 days and still no response from USCIS!

sg1010

Like many others, my petition was unfortunately sent back to USCIS (EC model). They sent my employer a NOIR and we responded it within the time frame. I later received an email from USCIS that they would review and provide an update within 60 days. It's been 64 days now and still no response from CIS. Anyone in a similar situation? What are my options?

I am in the same situation. We also replied in time but unfortunately its been 6 month my case is pending with USCIS after response. They said 60 days on website but not giving reply in timeframe. I guess nothing we can do to expedite the process.. only have to be on these people mercy.

Let me know if you find any option. Thanks!

I had a similar case ( stamping march 2011, visa rejected in april, petition sent back to uscis and subsequent stuff). However a couple of days back i got an email from uscis reaffirming the status of my petition and case is returned to department of state for visa processing. I am yet to hear anything further to indicate that I can submit my passport for stamping or if there is going to be another round of interview or anything of that sort. So to answer your question, it can take this long too.

I am in the same situation. We also replied in time but unfortunately its been 6 month my case is pending with USCIS after response. They said 60 days on website but not giving reply in timeframe. I guess nothing we can do to expedite the process.. only have to be on these people mercy.

Let me know if you find any option. Thanks!

Are you serious? 6 months after NOIR response and still no update? Those guys must be crazy.....!!! Did you call them up and check? (I'm sure you must have but still asking) Did they give any timeline? What does you employer/attorney have to say about this?

I had a similar case ( stamping march 2011, visa rejected in april, petition sent back to uscis and subsequent stuff). However a couple of days back i got an email from uscis reaffirming the status of my petition and case is returned to department of state for visa processing. I am yet to hear anything further to indicate that I can submit my passport for stamping or if there is going to be another round of interview or anything of that sort. So to answer your question, it can take this long too.

Thanks! I have been stuck since sept'11 too. Not a good feeling at all.

I suggest if you havent already, you should reach out to ur embassy instead of waiting for them to inform you. I think they will ask you to come directly for the re-interview. Good luck..

Which embassy is it btw?

@sg1010

Yes my employer and attorney both contacted many times and infect every time we get acknowledgemet email/letter stating that within this many weeks you will get notice of action but no reply yet. Everytime they are giving new date.This is the fact. But in your case its vermont and heard its fast in processing. Mine is CSC.

• 2 weeks later...

Like many others, my petition was unfortunately sent back to USCIS (EC model). They sent my employer a NOIR and we responded it within the time frame. I later received an email from USCIS that they would review and provide an update within 60 days. It's been 64 days now and still no response from CIS. Anyone in a similar situation? What are my options?

Take the help of Congressman from your area and hopefully your issue should be resolved.

Archived