Documents Required For H1 Stamping Canada (FTE)

ankurg09

Hi Guys ,

I have an appointment on June 4th @ Vancouver.

I have had my H1 stamped back in 2007. I have changed to an FTE in dec 2011 and was wondering what documents are required for H1b stamping as an FTE.

I would really appreciate if any FTE who got their H1 stamped in canada would list the documents required.

I know about the basic documents

Passport

I 129 , LCA

Employment verification letter

Paystubs

W-2's

Tax Return

What else should I carry ?

Also not sure if we need to carry the printed DS160 application? think not but please confirm.

Thanks in Advance !!!!!!!

Ankur,

Regarding your DS 160 form print out:

You are not required to bring your entire application. For your interview, you arerequired to bring your confirmation page with your application ID number on it so we can retrieve your DS-160. You must bring the confirmation page with you during all phases of the application process. Without the confirmation page, we may not be able to process your visa case.

Source : http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4401.html

Ankur,

Regarding your DS 160 form print out:

You are not required to bring your entire application. For your interview, you arerequired to bring your confirmation page with your application ID number on it so we can retrieve your DS-160. You must bring the confirmation page with you during all phases of the application process. Without the confirmation page, we may not be able to process your visa case.

Source : http://travel.state....forms_4401.html

Thanks Champ!! That's what I thought but didn't want to take any chance. :)

I have got my H1 stamped thrice in Canada (Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary) and these are the other documents I would recommend:

1. Company ID

2. MS and BE/BTech diploma and transcripts

3. Current Resume.

4. 3 months bank statement.

5. Photos of the office.

Thanks a lot for your help!!! :)

Archived