H4 renewal went for admin processing.......finally got it after 4 weeks.

lathika

Hi folks,

Finally my visa application is through and in possession of my passport with new US visa!!!!!

(I hold a H4 visa.Previously worked in India before coming to US.)

My experience of those stressful 32 days,which will surely be helpful to those who are in a similar situation unfortunately.

1.Arrived Calgary,Canada from Los angeles with my husband on July 25th 2011.

2.Interview at US consulate on 26th at 10am.The officer asks my husband for his details on H1 application, like job profile and years of experience,company details.

3.She then asks me my education background, my current status and my past work history in india which i had no idea for what since i was not working here.

4. After all details given with all paperwork she says my husband's visa is approved buy my application will be sent for administrative processing which was shocking for me!!!!

5. She just handed me a white form which said application sent for admin processing and said will take minimum 3 weeks and gave me the passport back.

6. I had an option of staying in canada or to go back to india.

7. SO I decided to stay back in calgary and wait which was extremely painful.so the waiting game began which had made me go through complete stress and tension as no information/reason was given as to why this happened.

8. during the 2nd week i was asked to submit my education details along with the d-157 form.

9. 3rd week I was waiting for email from the consulate but no response which made me weak and depressing to be away from home and family and a 3rd country alien to you.

10. After 3weeks and 3 days( 18th August 2011) I receive an email from the consulate asking me to send my passport through DHL.

11. As i moved to Toronto from Calgary i had to send my passport from Toronto to Calgary and got my passport back in Toronto 5 days from thereafter and i received my passport on 25th August.I flew back to US - LA on 27th August 2011 back to home sweet home.

As I found out there is nothing you can do once your application is put on administrative processing except wait. Its a dark room, you can never find your way out they won't disclose any information. I did try calling and mailing then every other day but they just repeat the same information that its still pending.

I suggest not to renew the visa in a third country. Always choose your home country. You can be with your family and not go through this frustration and stress.

Avoid Calgary if you can, there is only one lady doing the interviews and she is from Minneapolis. She spends minimum of 10 minutes and will drill you on your entire history. After which there is a very high likelihood she'll decide to put you in this process.

Hope this helps for hundreds out there unfortunate enough to go through this process. Having higher education, a masters degree in biotechnology or any research field is of great value in other countries except in US which is a very sad state.

Regards

Lathika

Archived