Case sent back to USCIS for review

trivedi3377

Hi All,

I was on H1b since last 5 yrs,came to india , gave interview at New Delhi Embassy. After asking few interview questions ,VO give me 221(g) green slip and kept my passport. After 2 1/2 month, they send letter with PP, saying that they are sending case back to USCIS.

It's been more than 6 months, and case is NOT reached at USCIS. I am checking at USCIS web site by entering my petition number but it showing "Post decision activitiy" for my old approved petition of June 26,2011.

Here is the case information:

Interview date :ending of Nov,2011.

Letter received from embassy : starting of Feb ,2012 that they are sending case to USCIS for review.

No updates till then. I am checking USCIS web site everyday.

As an applicant , I am NOT authorized to call USCIS about case, I don't know where is my case and what is the status?

Is any body in same situation? Pls. share your experience.

Thanks

I think you know 'Post Decision Activity' means that USCIS is reviewing your case. In that page i think it says when USCIS started reviewing your case. As far as i know it might take 1 to 6 months at an average from that date.

You can request your attorney for any kind of information.

@krisc2499,

In my case, Post Decision Activity is for my old petition and following is the detail message on that page:

"Post Decision Activity

On July 26, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations."

When my old petition was approved on 26th July,2011, I saw this message. Now can you pls. tell me that it that means that

USCIS is reviewing my case??

Thanks,

Hi All,

I was on H1b since last 5 yrs,came to india , gave interview at New Delhi Embassy. After asking few interview questions ,VO give me 221(g) green slip and kept my passport. After 2 1/2 month, they send letter with PP, saying that they are sending case back to USCIS.

It's been more than 6 months, and case is NOT reached at USCIS. I am checking at USCIS web site by entering my petition number but it showing "Post decision activitiy" for my old approved petition of June 26,2011.

Here is the case information:

Interview date :ending of Nov,2011.

Letter received from embassy : starting of Feb ,2012 that they are sending case to USCIS for review.

No updates till then. I am checking USCIS web site everyday.

As an applicant , I am NOT authorized to call USCIS about case, I don't know where is my case and what is the status?

Is any body in same situation? Pls. share your experience.

Thanks

@trivedi3377: One of my friend had a simillar situation. Here are some details about his case.

He went for Visa interview on 1st Feb 2012 at Chennai consulate. Visa officer interviewed him and ask for some documents. After looking at the documents, Visa office issued him a 221(g) mentioning only one thing : "the case is being sent back to USCIS for the reviw". The visa officer kept those documents for the review.

Then he never heard of anythng from consulate for almost 2 and half months. Then suddenly he received all the documents back from Chennai consulate. and next day he received an e-mail from consulate asking for some details to complete the admin process. He replied that e-mail and within a week he was asked to submit his passport for the stamping.

and he got his visa stamped.

But, actually his case was never sent back to USCIS. Because if the case is sent back to USCIS, they don't return the documents to the candidate. Also, if it is returned to USCIS, you need to go again for the visa interview.

so i believe, your case is on hold. you can check the current status with VF

@trivedi3377:

one of my friend had a similar situation. Below is his details.

He had a visa interview on 1st February 2012 where she was asked some questions. Visa officer kept some of the documents and issued a 221(g) with only one thing mentioned...."Petition is returned to USCIS for review"

He never heard anything from the USCIS or consulate for almost 2 and half months....in middle of April he received package from Chennai consulate returning all the document which were collected during visa interview. In couple of days he received an e-mail from consulate asking for some more personal information for admin processing. He replied to that e-mail and within a week he got another e-mail where consulate asked him to submit his passport for stamping.

During all these days, he was seeing the same thing on USCIS web site what you have mentioned about your case.

But actually his case was never sent back to USCIS. because if the case is returned to USCIS then a person need to go for the visa interview in person. Also they don't return the documents if the case is sent back to USCIS.

So i think his case was on hold at the chennai consulate only. and i believe its the same in ur case as well.

Anyways, you can check with U.S.VFS helpdesk by e-mail.

If you were interviewed at mumbai then here is the e-mail id for that:

infousmumbai@vfshelpline.com

• 2 weeks later...

@h1stuck,

Sorry for very late reply. Actually I am loosing hope and that's why I stopped looking forums.

Actually I interviewed at New Delhi consulate. As I mentioned, in Feb 10,2012, embassy send letter to me saying that

they are sending case back to USCIS but last week I and my employer, contacted USCIS and till now they did NOT

receive the case or any thing from US Embassy. Generally they are receiving case in maximum 7 weeks but it's

been more than 4 months from Feb 1st,2012 (they send letter to me on feb 1st,2012).

I am planning to contact US embassy again and see. Hopefully my case will be similar to your friend's case.

Thanks,

Trivedi3377

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived