221g Blue Ottawa

anonymus

Hello all,

After many days i got some time to write about my case .

Below is my case

Interview Date : 03 Apr 2012 (Ottawa)

Result : 221g Blue

Model : FT

Documents asked : None

Documents with VO : Passport only

Common Muslim Name : Oo.. yes Mohammed

Security Clearnace received : 02 May 2012

Passport in hand : 03 May 2012

My Interview

1.Where do work

2.What you do

3.Work location Address

4.How long you are working for this Employer

5.Sorry there is some processing needs to be done .

6,Handed 221g blue

Problem with 221g

1) Department of state does not give any info or status, so its a frustrating limbo .

2) Most of the people who got 221g never complete their story to give some time line analysis to others (even though its case to case different).

With my experience in Ottawa i would like say that, most of the case are decided before you go to the window.

Interview is just a formality.

I am here because i got some valuable info from this forum by reading random cases, so Thanks to Murthy Forum.

All the best to everyone.

anonymus,

I am absolutly in same situation. But I have a dismissed case with a arrest record which is very silly but bad luck on my part.

Interview was almost the same like yours. Kept my PP and court documents and gave back me all my documents and said your case has to go through back ground check. I attended interview on May 22. After reading your post I guess my security clearense also might take

1 month but mine is not common name. My question here is can take my passport back and if so will it delay my clearence process??

Your reponse will be very valuable.

Nash

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nash.

i got 221g blue on May 23rd. Interview very short.

What is your job role?

Status in Canada/

Thats it. Said need to do AP took passport. Never asked for any documents. I am on FT and this is my 7th yr H1B extension. I have approved I-140.

Have a muslim name but not common. Wondering if you have already received clearance? or still waiting?

@aliottawa,

Not yet. I took my PP and I came to India. I asked assistant who gave my PP about the timeline and she relied there were such instances which might very well take 60 working days. That doesn't mean every case will take so long. Fingers crossed.

Let me know if you hear anything.

• 7 months later...

Archived