Selected toronto in DS-160, but planning for ottawa

rahul412

Hi there,

I am planning for my visa interview in Canada. So in order to know the available dates I selected Toronto consulate for interview in DS 160 and I see that no dates are available. So now I am looking at other consulates for dates.

But the issue is I have already paid the fee for the interview and I remember I entered that DS 160 ID which is associated to Toronto consulate. So if I fill a new DS 160 selecting another consulate, does the amount paid will be applicable for new DS 160?

The Embassy or Consulate at which you actually apply should be able to access your form using the barcode on your DS-160 confirmation page, which you must bring to the visa interview. For example, a business traveler intends to apply for his visa at the U.S. Embassy in City X, so he selects City X as the location where he will submit his application when he completes his DS-160. He then has an urgent reason to travel to City Y on business. Because there is a U.S. Consulate in City Y, he schedules an appointment for a visa interview there, using the barcode from his completed DS-160 application for appointment scheduling. The U.S. Consulate in City Y is able to accept his DS-160 even though it lists the U.S. Embassy in City X as the location where he originally intended to submit his application.

Copied from : http://travel.state.gov/visa/forms/forms_4401.html

Hey Rahul...can you share what you did to change location in DS160...I am in similar situation..

Please help..

Thanks

I didn't do any changes in the DS form. I changed the DS form ID which is related to the consulate. If this is what you are looking for then here it is:

In the 'csc' website where you book your visa slot, at one step you see your details and selected consulate and you see edit button next to each line. Click on the edit button which is next to your name and at the end of that page you can change your DS 160 ID.

• 4 months later...

The Embassy or Consulate at which you actually apply should be able to access your form using the barcode on your DS-160 confirmation page, which you must bring to the visa interview. For example, a business traveler intends to apply for his visa at the U.S. Embassy in City X, so he selects City X as the location where he will submit his application when he completes his DS-160. He then has an urgent reason to travel to City Y on business. Because there is a U.S. Consulate in City Y, he schedules an appointment for a visa interview there, using the barcode from his completed DS-160 application for appointment scheduling. The U.S. Consulate in City Y is able to accept his DS-160 even though it lists the U.S. Embassy in City X as the location where he originally intended to submit his application.

Copied from : http://travel.state....forms_4401.html

Thanks for posting..

• 1 month later...

Archived