EAD Approved and lost in Mail. Using I-797C to join work

sanks87

Hello everyone,

I applied for my OPT (EAD) on the March 15th (I graduated this May and I am in F1 student status). It got approved by April 23rd. According to the USCIS they delivered the card by 25th. But I did not receive the card and USPS reported that they could not track the shipment. To sum up, my EAD card got lost in the mail and was not returned back to the USCIS. When I contacted them they asked me to apply again. I immediately applied on May 17th for a replacement EAD card and got the I-797C receipt by mail yesterday (May 25th). I was wondering if its possible to use this receipt to work for 90 days since I read about it here

http://www.uscis.gov...thorization.pdf

which states this

"Replacement EAD

An application for a replacement EAD is filed if a card has been lost, stolen, or mutilated, or when the previously issued card contains

erroneous information, such as a misspelled name or name change. If an application for a replacement EAD is approved, the replacement

EAD will have the same dates and category as the EAD that was lost, stolen, etc.

Persons applying for replacement documents can present the receipt for the I-765 as evidence of employment eligibility but must produce a

valid card within 90 days of showing the receipt. "

My joining date is on June 11th. I have requested the USCIS to expedite my replacement EAD card application. But I still want to join on time and start working.

Thanks,

Sanks.

Archived