221g Pending cases in Ottawa

rajashekar

Any one who got 221g in Ottawa, Please share your details as below. As this would be helpful to know how long it is taking to process 221g.

My details -

Interview date? - May 14th, 2012

Model? - EC

H1 New/ renewal? - renewal

Done Master's in US? - Yes.

Documents took by consulate? - Passport, I-797, Client Letter & Employer letter

Consulate contacted client? If so when? - Yes, May 17th, 2012

Client replied date? - May 17th, 2012

Consulate replied? If so when? - No.

Hi, I got 221 g too. Here is my status

My details -

Interview date?
- May 7th, 2012

Model?
- EVC

H1 New/ renewal?
- renewal

Done Master's in US?
- Yes.

Documents took by consulate?
- I-797, Client Letter, Vendor Letter & Employer letter

Consulate contacted client? If so when?
- Yes, May 8th, 2012

Client replied date?
- May 10th, 2012

Consulate replied?
If so when? - No.

Thanks!

In Ottawa, for most of the applicants who got 221g, they are sending emails to Client Manager(to email id given in Client Letter) to confirm Employee-Employer Relationship. They are asking 8 questions to know this.

Make sure your client manager responds to those questions in your favour.

Hi Rajasekhar,

Today me and my wife had our interviews , iam FTE my visa is approved and my wife is consulting and she was asked the same regular questions and was given 221g white for further review, can you share your email id , mine is ajay.kanthi@gmail.com

My details (update) -

Interview date? - May 14th, 2012

Model? - EC

H1 New/ renewal? - renewal

Done Master's in US? - Yes.

Documents took by consulate? - Passport, I-797, Client Letter & Employer letter

Consulate contacted client? If so when? - Yes, May 17th, 2012

Client replied date? - May 17th, 2012

Consulate replied? May 29th, mailed - "Return to Embassy on Thursday (May 31st) 2 to 3 pm.

On may 31st, consulate gave my passport back with a form stating that case sent to USCIS for possible revocation. They havent stated any reason, mentioned that they are not able to conclude from their side.

Hope this information helps!

Good luck to others who have 221g, I hope you guys will have better ending.

In Ottawa, for most of the applicants who got 221g, they are sending emails to Client Manager(to email id given in Client Letter) to confirm Employee-Employer Relationship. They are asking 8 questions to know this.

Make sure your client manager responds to those questions in your favour.

What if the client letter does not have the email id and instead a phone number ? Actually I could get his email id from their website or search on this name in google is taking me directly to this profile and emailid, but unfortunately it was not printed on the client letter. Given that it has only the phone number of my client, would they mind calling the client. I have also sent an email to consulate, asking if they need me to provide any information. I have not recieved any response. I heard that embassy is closed on first friday (June 1st)and hence they might not have gone through the emails. I wish, they could respond to me next week, atleast to give a hope that they are looking into my case.

Did any one else faced 221G and successfully went through it ?

If you didn't provide any email ID then they will email you and ask for client manager email ID or there are chances that they can call to that number and ask for email ID. They need email ID for sure. They don't prefer phone numbers.

There are so many people, who came to interview on the same day of my interview, who got 221g and got approved within a week to 3 weeks.

Archived