Canada Visitor Visa Process in New york very Simple and Smooth

MAGIC KID

Hello Guys,

I just got my canada visa in New york city, the process is very smooth and simple and I thought I will just share the process with you all.

Documents Needed:

1) IM5257 E

2) IM5645 E

3) Passport

4) Copy of I-797

5) Employment Verification Letter

6) Pay Stubs

7) US Visa Appointment Letter Confirmation

8) Bank Statements

9) Money order or Bank certified checks for 75$ for single entry and 150$ for Multiple Entries

10) 2 Photographs (Please make sure the photos are in Canada Embassy specifications).

Procedure: This consulate does not provide same day service and the minimum turn around day time is 1 day. Like submit the documents today and collect it on the next day.

Document Submission time : I guess its only from 8 30 to 10am after that the documents will not be accepted so just make sure you arrive on time.

On the first page of the IM 5257 E form we need to stick the photos at the bottom on the left side so just make sure you carry a glue stick with you if you dont have one its avaliable at the pharmacy store in the same building. Second thing is the money order or bank certified check should be in the correct amount, they dont accept cash so make sure you have the correct mode of payment. There is a chase bank in the same building if you have a chase account you get the check/MO there.

After all the documents are checked the guy outside will place the documents with the passport in one folder and give a token number to you. After that your number will be called. There are only 2 counters but the process was pretty fast. I was called with 15 mins and I had to wait at the counter for around 1-2 mins after which they handed me the token number back and asked me to collect the documents the following day from 1 to 2 30 PM.

Documents Pick up time is : 1 to 230 Pm on next business day except wednesdays so please plan accordingly.

As i said earlier its pretty smooth and easy process and hope this helps !!

• 5 months later...

Hello Friend,

Have a question on bank draft. will the amount should be in the Canadian dollars.Also to whom we need to make the payment for at NY consulate. I was told at Bank Of America that bank draft will take upto three days. do there any other way i can get the draft/Money Order immediately.

Thanks,

Yogesh

Cashiers check is good. You will get it right away in any bank. You can Pay in American Dollars too. I think it should be taken in the name of "CONSULATE GENERAL OF CANADA". I don't remember the name exactly though. Please wait for any other responses.

Archived