H1b stamping in Vancouver

VanMay232012

Just want to share my experience at canadian consulate at vancouver

Hope the following information will help whoever is trying to know about visa stamping experience in Vancouver.

This experience is only useful to know more about the procedure only -once you physically get to the Line at US consulate.

Note: First of all very important thing, US consulate wont allow any backpacks or bags or purses inside consulate. So please plan to leave them in your motel, car etc. or you can pay the Quizzinos right across 10 dollars and they will save it for you.(You are responsible for leaving the bag with them. I had no problem but I am not their friend to recommend them. Please leave it at your own risk)

Note: Please plan to take umbrella with you as it rains often here in Vancouver,as often as Seattle.

Stand in Line before half-an-hour before your interview time ,

1. A person will walk to everyone check their DS160, Fold it along with Visa category document

and make you stand back in line.

2. When you walk in line and get to desk, They will ask you if you are carrying any bags or cameras and if you do, They WONT allow you unless you return without them. But If you have a cellphone they can save your cellphone along with your Drivers license or any ID card in their locker box for free and give you token to pick ur phone after interview.

3.Once they confirm you are there only with your carrying documents then they will make you stand in second line, and then they will request you to enter to building door and then do security check very similar to airport.

4. Once you are cleared then you go up through stairs and push open a door and someone must be there and they tell you to proceed to counter(Generally Counter 1)

5. At counter one they will take your passport, DS160 and assign you a number and ask you to wait untill that number is called.

6. Once they call your number, they will return your documents and ask you to watch for screen for your number to be displayed saying " Number .... goto Floor 20". then proceed towards exit and someone from consulate will accompany you and take you to 20th floor in elevator.

7. Once you enter floor 20, Please remember to goto counter which takes fingerprints( its generally counter 3) . Once your fingerprints are done then you are asked to wait untill your number is called on screen for main visa interview.

8. Once you see your number and Window number. Attend in person at window and then you willbe interviewed for your Visa officer.

9.Once your interview is done ( If your visa is approved then the visa officer will give you a print out sheet which explains how to get your passport through LOOMIS and what website to check when your passport is available to be picked up.) if not then feel free to ask Visa officer whats the next step for you.

10. Remember to come back to front counter and pick your cellphone.

Note: This is only my experience at this Vancouver consulate as of today. Please dont make assumption that it will be the same the next day or same at other consulates too. Every consulate is soooo different. I am only sharing this experience as it is always good to know what to expect in next step as it makes you concentrate less on process and remain calm for the main interview.

Good Luck and All the best.

Yes,

I got my visa approved. As far as I know there are 4 people I know and they all got visa's too.

Info I know so far

everyone one of us did Masters in USA

Visa officer asked them about where they did there masters

my questions are as follows

1. Where do you work?

2. is your company in same city as you work?

3. Why did you choose vancouver for stamping?

4. where did you do your Masters?

5. What field did you get Masters in?

6. Whats your job title ?

7. Whats your Salary ?

8. How many people are there in your company ?

Visa officer mentioned that my visa is approved and I can collect in 3 business days.

• 3 months later...

Archived