Work from home options for H4 visa holders

No, you can not.

On H4 you can not work at all. It doesn't matter how you get paid. You can not work on H4. In addition, you would have to declare your worldwide income on your US tax returns, so this attempt at hiding the payments wouldn't work, either.

Again, on H4 you can not work at all.

• 6 months later...

Hi, but can I work from home for an Indian Company in India being on H4 in US and get Indian salary in an Indian Bank?

On H4, you cannot work. But for persons who are in your situation, I didn't find a convincing answer for "How can USCIS find it out if everything is done outside the US?"

Let me know if you find any answer.

Hi, but can I work from home for an Indian Company in India being on H4 in US and get Indian salary in an Indian Bank?

No, you can not do that.

What part of "on H4, you can not work at all" don't you understand?

As long as you are in the US in H4 status, you can not work for any company. It doesn't matter where the company is located, it matters where you are located.

And you would have to report your worldwide income in your US tax returns, so this attempt at hiding things with "getting salary in an Indian bank" is also not going to work.

Again, on H4 you can not work at all. Period.

I think, particularly for the people in your situation are not allowed to work.

But I don't see any reason or how USCIS can find it out. For me, this is another loophole.

So it's up to you whether you want to work or not.

I agree with JoeF, but in my opinion, It doesn't really matter if USCIS can find this out easily or not. An illegal act will remain an illegal act. It doesn't matter if there is no automatic mechanism in place to check this.

A loophole, by definition, is an ambiguity in the system. A situation where law is not clear. However, in this scenario, the law is clear. H4 visa holders cannot work.

Its just that there is no automatic mechanism in place to catch this. But remember, once caught, you will have to face the consequences. I would stay away from this.

I guess,I will be laughing for next one hour

Once you get an ankle bracelet like the TVU "students", you will stop laughing.

These "students" also thought that the US government would never catch them....

It may take a while, but the government will catch people who violate the immigration laws.

Once you get an ankle bracelet like the TVU "students", you will stop laughing.

These "students" also thought that the US government would never catch them....

TVU is different. In that case,students were working in US.

It may take a while, but the government will catch people who violate the immigration laws.

But I heard that, Congress want's to provide work authorization for the people who violate the law..especially immigration law.

Archived