H1B Visa Stamp in Tijuana: New

nipukumar

Hello,

I know that several thread discussed this topic in this forum. But they got old and replying or adding a post to these thread does not get a reply. So i am creating a new post and with some new information...

I have following Qs regarding the Visa Stamping in Tijuana

1. If a person already has a VISA stamp from Tijuana can he go for 2nd time to renew the same category VISA?

A statement on the Tijuana, US wbsite reads,

"Applicants who obtained their current visa in a country other than that of their legal residence, does not

qualify to apply VISA in Tijuana, Mexico."

As my current VISA is stamped in Tijuana, does it make me disqualify? I am inidian citizen and residing in the

US.

2. Earlier, the interview and Application review happened in the same day, but now this takes two days and going to two different offices as per some forum posts. Can some one please update ?

3. in DS-160, there is a Q which asks, is anybody in the US ever filed immigrant petition on your behalf?

What ans we should provide? Given H1B is based on no intent to immigrate.

Also, what is the 1st step in booking the appointment or starting the process is it form DS-160 ?

I am preparing a detailed doc/steps and update the forum once i go throgh the procedure myself.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived