H1B previous petition approved, now applying for a new H1B

MukeshRoy

Hi all,

I was working for Company A in 2008 in India.

I have Applied for H1B through Company B of US while i was in India in 2008, and the petition got approved but I have not got a stamping neither traveled using that H1B petition.

Petition start and end date: October 2008 to September 2011

During March 2011 I got an L1B from Company A. and traveled to US on May 2011.

Since my L1B Petition was only valid till November 2011, Company A applied for an extension petition on L1B and got approved.

I have traveled to India during April and came back in same month and I got a fresh stamping of L1B valid from April 2012 to December 2013.

Now I want to convert to H1B, so apply for a H1B through a Company C who has offered me a job and sponsorship for a H1B.

Can you please tell me if I can apply this H1B application out of H1B Cap and expect it to get processed before October of this year and switch to Company C before October of this year, would it come into an exempt scenario?

Also, how many years would my new H1B petition be valid for my stay in US? Would it be 6 years from the day it would get approved? or will the 6 years get calculated from 2008?

Regards

Mukesh

Now I want to convert to H1B, so apply for a H1B through a Company C who has offered me a job and sponsorship for a H1B.

Can you please tell me if I can apply this H1B application out of H1B Cap and expect it to get processed before October of this year and switch to Company C before October of this year, would it come into an exempt scenario?

=> Yes, your employer can file quota exempted H1b for you, and you will be eligible to work on receipt.

L1 + H1b = 6 years limited.

Archived