Successful H1B stamping after 6 months wait....

appyfizz

Hello Folks...

I would like to share my case details and if that helps any of you in any way I would be happy...

First Visa Interview:

@Nuevo Laredo, Mexico

Date: Oct 25, 2011

Case:Extension H1B

VO asked all the possible questions and asked me to wait. Then his assistant took me to another room and repeated all the questions again with a lot of other questions added.

During the lunch time they gave me a token to re-enter consulate at 1:30 PM. Within this lunch time they called my client, they called my employer, they called my vendor and cross verified all the information.

I went back to Consulate at 1:30pm the same assistant of VO took me to his cabin and told me your vendor gave diff contract dates.... My vendor gave some random answer when he got a call without checking the contract doczz and that blew me but again I tried hard to justify it.

He took all the documents from my file including paystubs right from the beginning, w2s, degree certificates and in the evening when the consulate is about to close handed me a 221g white form asking for previous client letters and contact documents...

Its been more than 2 years I worked with my previous clients and getting a letter from them now is quite a task and I was alomost losing hopes. I contacted my managers at both the client places and luckily got hold of them after many tries the next day and by afternoon both the clients emailed me the scanned copy of the client letters mentioning the duration of my work.

I emailed the same client letters along with the contract documents sent by my employer to the consulate... Both of my clients emailed me they got calls from the consulate within 0 mins after I had sent them the doczz.. Was stunned...

Next day I got a call to my hotel room in the consulate asking for my first H1B LCA. I rushed to the Consulate with in 15 mins and submitted it along with my OPT card as well. I was standing outside the consulate and the assistant of the VO came out and picked them from me. I left to the hotel room and immediately got a call from the consulate... its the same assistant of the VO and he said your LCA is not ammended for your previous clients. Then myself and my lawyer both justified that I don need an ammended LCA as both of my previous clients belong to same DC Metropolitan area... that was the last call from the consulate..

I had to wait for the weekend and till thursday next week no update from the consulate on friday morning I got a call from the consulate to reappear for an interview. I rushed in 10 mins and I was waiting there when I heard and saw another H1B guy who got into the same questioning cycle as mine... The VO called me and said "I am sorry I cannot issue you the Visa and said he would be sending my petition back to USCIS for review and revocation" I stood blank and shocked.. I only asked him one question "Sir can I know the reason?" He said thats confidential and cannot share it with me.. I said "Thank you" and left the Consulate.... I was in the state of shock for more than an hour.. I called up my lawyer and employ\er they were surprised too... I called up a travel agent and bought a ticket to India which was 3000$ one way going through Amsterdam and that was the only possible itinerary I could have without valid US visa.

Next Interview

@Chennai Consulate

Date: Nov 20, 2011

I reached home and I got a call from one of my well wishers and family friend, he suggested me to re-appear at Chennai consulate and plead my case. At first I was reluctant as I was totally not ready for other rejection. He only said give it a try and it wont make it any worse... taking his advice I appeared for interview in Chennai consulate on Nov 20, 2011. The VO here was quite polite and asked me about my employer, client, work location and my work responsibilities. Later he went inside and told me seems like you have appeared for an interview in Mexico and you petition is sent back to USCIS and he said he cannot do anything at this time unless USCIS reviews my case and handed me a green 221g slip with the only requirement of "Reaffirmed or new petition from USCIS" and he said I need not appear for another Interview and I can just drop this document at VFS Drop box center.

Feb 2nd 2012 USCIS received my case....April 14th 2012 USCIS reaffirmed my case straight away without any RFE/NOIR/NOID etc...

May 14th I submitted the Re-affirmed petition along with my Passport, Original I-797 and I-129 forms at VFS Drop Box center in Chennai.

May 15th I checked my Passport status in VFS website and it showed "Your passport is under process at US Embassy/Consulate".

May 18th status changed to "Your Passport is ready for collection."

May 19th I finally received my stamped Passport which my eyes couldnt believe...

So that's my story... I wish good luck to all of you who are going through 221g phase....

<p style="margin-left: 40px">@Appyfizz,</p>

<p style="margin-left: 40px"> </p>

<p style="margin-left: 40px">This is unbelievable, and from the begining of the post, I felt like I am watching a very emotional Indian movie, but by the end I was very much happy as if i got my visa.</p>

<p style="margin-left: 40px"> </p>

<p style="margin-left: 40px">Congrats dude for your adventurous achievement..!</p>

COngratulations to you on successful visa stamping after such a horrifying experience. I have a question for you though, You said USCIS reviewed your case from Feb- April. In some cases USCIS takes more than that. So my question to you is did you or your employer called USCIS to expedite the process? or is there any other way to expedite the process?

Thanks!

@mc2012: My employer didnt do anything to expedite the process. I think cases of Vermont Service center are comparatively faster.. I had another friend who went through this with me in Mexico we both belong to the same employer and both of our cases were sent back. He did not get any update on his case yet his petition was filed at USCIS in California..

• 2 months later...

guys, I got my visa stamped from delhi consulate. Please keep ur faith strong and stay positive. It really helps. If you have nay questions please let me know. I'll be happy to help.

Hi mc2012...

I got 221G in chennai consulate. Please see below my total interview experience. Is there any hope?

I had my interveiw at chennai consulate on 04 - Sep -2012. Mine is a small desi employer from US. EC model.. I was interviewed by VO for 3 minutes. Then I was taken to another counter where I was questioned for around an hour. Right from my education qualtification, experience, job with US employer etc.. all of it were recorded. Then I was given a SWORN statement and I had to sign it with all the details I told them. Then I was given 221G green form with no additional documents requested, Since all documents were in there already. Passport was returned back.. Just hoping for the best. Did anybody gone through similar experience? My case is a genuine case where I have attended interview around Jan 2012 and my US employer selected me and rolled out the offer.

Archived