H1B Amendment petition received - Do I need restamping to enter USA back if I travel India.?

gokul10783

Hi,

I am currently in US. I have my current petition I797 and Visa in pasport valid till Dec 2013. Had a change of work location for the same client and employer - as per new policy need to get a new LCA and Petition - So I raised a H1B Amendment request and got the new petition I797A which has the same expiry date for the H1B visa also with the same client and same employer.

My question is : If I travel India and reneter US before Dec 2013 - Should I go for Re-stamping ? The reason for this question is : I have the Visa pages with current petition I797 validity thru Dec 2013. But I got the new H1B amendment petition I797A still the validity is till Dec 2013. So when i re-enter USA at the port of entry will I be stopped for mismatch with I797A petition number and what is in my passport visa pages? Although both has expiry dates Dec 2013.

Please Clarify?

Thanks,

Gk.

"Had a change of work location for the same client and employer - as per new policy need to get a new LCA and Petition - So I raised a H1B Amendment request and got the new petition I797A which has the same expiry date for the H1B visa also with the same client and same employer."

=> I wonder only LCA update is enough, or H1b petition is also needed to be filed with amendment?

No visa stamping is needed in your case.

Archived