F1 to H1b (Need urgent help)

I'm currently a PhD student. I have already completed MS from US university in 2010 (Also used couple of OPT months for legal stay between university change).

Now i have been pushed in to a situation where i have to quit my PhD program in 2 to 3 weeks or take a transfer to different university. My current visa is F1

But i have contacted a employer who can file H1b for me. Here i have some questions

1) Do i need to have pay stubs to file H1b for the first time?

2) Say my employer files H1b petition within 2 weeks (Before i quit the program), do i need to have client letter?

3) Once H1 petition is filed and then i quit PhD program, can i legally stay in US and work until the decision of H1 comes(since it takes 2 to 3 months)?

4) Once H1 petition is filed, do i need to maintain f1 full time student status until it is approved?

5) Mainly what do i need to do to file H1 petition and stay legally until it is approved?

Thank you very much for the help in advance.

Thanks

The H1 can only start on Oct. 1. Until then, you would have to maintain legal status on your own or leave the country.

If you drop out of the PhD program, there is no grace period. While you are legal while the H1 application is pending, your legal stay would end with the H1 approval if the start date is in the future (like Oct. 1., which is the earliest possible start date.)

Thank you JoeF for the reply.

Hi I'm contacted an employer who agreed to file H1b for me. Of course I don't have job yet but once i get a job (through cpt) offer he'll be filing my H1b.

Once H1b is filed what happens to my status? i mean will be in F1(cpt) or not? Say if H1b is rejected then what happens to my status?

Thank you JoeF for the reply.

Hi I'm contacted an employer who agreed to file H1b for me. Of course I don't have job yet but once i get a job (through cpt)

Forget that CPT stuff. That would be abuse of the F1.

CPT would have to be an integral part of the curriculum, i.e., a class would have to require it.

And a new university would not issue CPT right away to just anybody.

CPT is dead. Abuse by TVU and **** killed it.

If you try to get CPT from a shady non-accredited diploma mill you would kill your career in the US.

Archived