H1B Transfer Question and Issue

K2M

Hello All,

I got a new job with Company B and transfered my h1b from Company A to Company B. I got the new h1b approved. But I am still working with Company A and never joined Company B.

Iin the mean time I got another Job with company C which is a great offer and I want to Join company C. Now I am going to transfer my H1B from Company A to company C.

My questions are:

1. Is there any issue if I do this ?

2. Since my new h1b (with Company B) shows different end date ? what should I use as end date in the new transfer ( I dont have the Company B's I-797 with me ) ?

3. Do I need to tell company C immigration lawyer about my h1b transfer to company B. ?

Please advise.

1. Is there any issue if I do this ?

=> No. Every H1b processing is separate.

2. Since my new h1b (with Company B) shows different end date ? what should I use as end date in the new transfer ( I dont have the Company B's I-797 with me ) ?

=> Don't tell anything to C about B. Remember, you are maitaining the H1b with employer A. Send your A's I797 details to C.

3. Do I need to tell company C immigration lawyer about my h1b transfer to company B. ?

=> No need.

Just H1b processing doesn’t matter. 10s employers can file H1b for you but the important is whom you are maintaining your H1b with. In your case its A. They are paying you. You never worked for B and never get paid by them. B doesn't matter you anything as immigration POV until you work for them and get paid by them.

Archived