Public transportation to reach Markham: Explained

pratiksha07

I chose the Markham location (Loomis) to pick up my passport. Detailed below is the public transportation I took to reach there:

I purchased a day pass (CAD 10.50) for the trip below at the Union Station. You can use this pass for sightseeing (transportation) in downtown Toronto later! Also, I got a subway map at the Union Station to understand eastbound v. westbound, north v. south.

1) Union Station (downtown): Took the Yellow Line (Yonge-University-Spadina) subway from Union Station to reach Bloor. This trip takes about 10 minutes.

2) Bloor: Took the Green Line (Bloor-Danforth) subway to reach Warden. This trip takes about 15 minutes.

3) Warden: There are multiple platforms for buses here. The platform for Bus No. 17, 17A, 17B is the first one to your left, as you enter the bus terminal area within the Warden subway premises. Took Bus No. 17A (

BIRCHMOUNT To 14TH AVENUE) and got off at Birchmount and McNabb intersection. This trip takes about 30-40 minutes. You need to pay additional CAD 3.50 (if you have the day pass above) for each way. You need to have exact change; so carry CAD 1, CAD 2, and CAD 0.25/0.50 coins with you.

Once you get off at Birchmount and McNabb stop, walk a few steps further and make a right on Micro Ct (to your left is McNabb street and to your right is Micro Ct). Keep walking (2-3 minutes) to the end of the street (dead end). You will see a DHL sign. The pick up office is to your right. You will see the Loomis sign. Walk through the gates and there it is - the Markham Loomis location! I showed my Driver's License (photo ID) along with the Waybill number written down on a piece of paper, and got my passport back!

The total time for the trip to Markham from the Union Station takes roughly 1 hour plus few minutes.

Contact the helpdesk of the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) if you have any questions regarding bus routes/schedules: http://www.ttc.ca/Contact_Us/index.jsp. They were very helpful.

• 1 year later...

Archived