[Urgent] L1->H1

blueie

I am in L1B for last 10+ months and a consultant firm willing to process my H1B (with I94). I have few doubts, need your help to understand the process. Your inputs will help me to take the decision sooner, I have to finalize in one or two days max.

- If my petition get approved ; Will my status automatically changed to H1B from Oct'12 ?

- If my petition get rejected ; Can I stay this county with L1B status with the current employer

- If my petition get approved and could not get the proper client (thru the new employer) on Oct'12, Can I still work with the current employer with L1B till gets the proper client ?

- Do I need to apply H4 for my spouse now ?

- Can i change the employer after getting the petition ?

Thanks in advance,

Blueie

Generally, if the H1B petition is filed with a request to change status, one's status will change automatically to H1B status upon the start date indicated on the I-797 approval notice. Once the change of status takes effect, the beneficiary is only eligible to work with the H1B employer pursuant to the terms of the H1B petition. Generally, the H1B holder's dependents must also file a change of status application to maintain valid status. Please schedule a consultation with a qualified immigration attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case and to go over the different options available to you.

Archived