Applying for new H1 VISA

ramavisa

Hi,

I came to USA in 2010 on L1B visa from company XX. In H1B 2012 quota company YY applied H1B for me that got approved in june 2011. In Aug 2011 i went to India and return back to USA in Sep 2011 again on L1B. After i came to US i met company YY HR in October 2011. She said they have to reapply my H1B as i already travelled on L1B. She aslo said that even if we re apply it will be in 2012 quota only as you already have approved in 2012 quota. (Company YY is a consulting company so i'm not sure of success rate of stamping) I told HR that i will be going to India again in June 2012 so lets reapply once i'm back in US i.e some time around Aug 2012. Having all these it looks like a plan.

Now another twist here. Now company XX(a MNC which i have been working for years) also says we will process H1 visa as my L1 will be expiring in another 8 months. Company ZZ also want to sponsor my H1 with more package.

Here are my questions.

1) With valid H1 from last year quota, can another employer apply H1B for me in this year

quota?

2) Which one is safe way - stick to approved H1 of last year or new H1

3) I know the best thing to do is stick with current company as it is willing to start H1 process.. but my only concern is "Do thay ask me info about my prev H1 details?" like "have you ever applied for H1 before, if yes.. what is the company" -- if i tell those details then definately my company XX will not trust me anymore. I don't want to reveal about my last year H1 visa details to my current company as the treatment will be going to change(they may send me back to india).

Please help me to clear my confusion state.

Thanks,

Ramakiran

"In H1B 2012 quota company YY applied H1B for me that got approved in june 2011."

=> You have an approved H1b. You wouldn't be counted in quota for next 6 years. In these 6 years you HAVE to provide the details of last H1b to future employer. Don't tell lie on immigration matters. I would say go with the best offer. There is nothing called trust, faith, emotions, ethics in business. They need you they keep you, they pay you. Once you are no more useful, they will kick you off with one way ticket to your home country (if you are on H1b). It's plain and simple. The same they expect from you too! As long as you are following the laws, you are good.

Archived