Should we take H4 Visa Interview in Delhi after H1 Denial

sehgal

My wife went to India for stamping and had visa interview on Mar 21 in Delhi. Her H1-b was sent for revokation and now we are applying for the H4 visa. After reading on so many forums, and talking to friends it looks like there are a lot of Rejections and 221g(s) in delhi. Should we take interview at Hyderabad or some other consulate? Any one else experiencing similar issues?

Hi Sehgal,

I am having similar experience. I will be going to Mumbai for my H4 in July 2012. I have heard of some success stories there. One of my friends got her H4 approved in Chennai as well.

What is the current status of your wife's H1-B processing? My docs did not reach USCIS till 6 months and I am withdrawing that application and applying for H4 now.

Hi Desai,

I am in the same boat too... I was on H1b and came to india for stamping and got stuck due to 221g at Mumbai consulate.

submitted documents but No reply from them now want to apply for H4 based on my wife's H1.

Hetal: Have you alredy taken date for your H4 Interview?

What have done for your previous pending H1, Have you withdrawn it or not?

Thanks in Advance.

-- R1212

"After reading on so many forums, and talking to friends it looks like there are a lot of Rejections and 221g(s) in delhi. Should we take interview at Hyderabad or some other consulate?"

Do you think Hyderabad consulate is safer then Delhi?

Call to VFS and know which consulate covers your home address in India.

Hi Desai,

I am in the same boat too... I was on H1b and came to india for stamping and got stuck due to 221g at Mumbai consulate.

submitted documents but No reply from them now want to apply for H4 based on my wife's H1.

Hetal: Have you alredy taken date for your H4 Interview?

What have done for your previous pending H1, Have you withdrawn it or not?

Thanks in Advance.

-- R1212

Hello,

Just out of curiosity, do you have a Master's degree from a US university? The reason I am asking this is because it seems as if applicants who do not have a master's degree seem to be facing this problem.

At least from the looks of it, it seems that. That may be incorrect though.

"Just out of curiosity, do you have a Master's degree from a US university? The reason I am asking this is because it seems as if applicants who do not have a master's degree seem to be facing this problem."

=> Statement with no basis! A master's from US doesn't guarantee your H1b stamping. Once you go for stamping, its all about your employer, your job and you.

I have seen many US masters graduates who couldn't get H1b stamping because of multilayer / bad history of employers or could not justify employee – employer relationship.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived