H1B transfer doubts

java.consultant

Hi,

I am currently working for a company A with H1B visa. Now I am planning to join a company B which is filing for my H1B visa transfer. Company B is asking me to join them immediately after they have filed for LCA for me. I am confused. I have lot of questions. Please help me.

1. Can we join a company without having our visa transferred to them?

2. What is the safe time to join company B?

3. Do we need to wait till the visa transfer is approved to join company B?

4. Can we join the company B after our visa transfer application is filed and before it is approved?

5. If the visa transfer is rejected can we still work with the company A?

Appreciate your suggestions in this regard.

Thank you all.

Regards,

Java Consultant.

1. Can we join a company without having our visa transferred to them?

=> You can start working once they have filed your H1b, to be more precise once USCIS issue a receipt number.

2. What is the safe time to join company B?

=> I always encourage joining only after H1b approval. Ask them to file in PP. Employee can also pay for PP fees ($1220). It’s legal. Joining after approval makes the life easier.

3. Do we need to wait till the visa transfer is approved to join company B?

=> You don't need to.

4. Can we join the company B after our visa transfer application is filed and before it is approved?

=> Yes.

5. If the visa transfer is rejected can we still work with the company A?

=> Yes, if they have not revoked your H1b and ready to hire you with new offer letter.

Ask them to file your H1b in PP. If they really need you, they can wait for you 2-3 weeks. I would suggest, NEVER join before approval. These days, regular processing takes 4-5 months and everyday will be nightmare by checking forums and USCIS case update site.

Once more thing, if you are not a group of people better to use 'I' instead of 'we'.

Archived