H1B petition approved - Status not showing correctly on USCIS website

neha.bh12

Hi,

My H1B petition was approved last year by company A. The petition is valid till Aug 2012.

However, before I could go for H1B stamping, I had to leave my job and travel to US on H4.

My company did not hand me the petition copy as they said its against the policy since I did not go for H1B stamping with the company.

Moreover, when I check my status on USCIS site using the H1B reciept number, it still shows in initial review stage. I tried contacting my company and they said that the petition was approved but cant comment on why the USCIS site does not depict the correct status.

Now, I am getting interview calls from companies, however things get stuck at the immigration step.

I do not have the petition copy with me and reciept number gives incorrect status on USCIS.

Is there a way to get the status corrected on the USCIS site atleast?

Can I approach USCIS or is there any other way?

Please advise. Any suggestions are most helpful.

If the H1b was approved, your employer must have got I797. Getting the lower part of I797 i.e. I94 and receipt no is your H1b right. Call to DOL or ICE and ask them to help you.

You cannot contact to USCIS. Only your employer/ attorney can call them as your employer paid for this H1b and they own this. Sometimes, update of USCIS site is wrong.

Hi wiweq,

Yes, the employer recieved 1797, i.e the petition, however they did not give me any copy of the same.

I only have the reciept no. with me as a reference.

I will call DOL and ICE and see if they can help me with this.

Please let me know if there is any other way possible.

Archived