H4 visa With US civil marriage certificate

lokesh

Hi,

I am in US now.Coming to India in June and planning to attend H1B stamping .I want my wife H4 stamping to be done at the same time.

We got married in US in march 2012 when she was here on her visit to US .And we have valid marriage certificate (civil marriage )issued from the US govt.

Since we not planning to have religious marriage in India, We dont have any marriage album except the photos which we clicked during civil marriage.

is there any problem in this case to get H4 visa approval? Because most of the cases its mentioned that marriage albums required..

Thanks

Lokesh

It is advice to have Marriage album and Invitiation Card and Marriage certificate.

I recommend that you should do short Marriage at any temple in US and have more Pics to show them that this is not just only registered marriage but also marriage have done in the presense of guests and Persist.

Also show them Fire ceremony pics too.

"Also show them Fire ceremony pics too."

Marriage certificate from US court for getting H4 visa is enough and more important than photos of fire ceremony and temple :)

Photos of fire ceremony, temple, sweets, salad fountain, shoe-stealing rasam, saat fere, vidai rasam, gifts may be needed when you use Indian marriage certificate at US consulate.

• 5 years later...

Archived