H1B Stamping over 5 months still waiting

sandeep.muk

Hi All,

I had an interview on Dec 2nd. 221g Green slip was issued requesting all the documents. All the documents were genuine and were submitted on Dec 5th Itslef. Till now , My case is not resolved. On January 31st , they sent the passport back indicating that "THE PETITION SENT BACK TO USCIS FOR FURTHER REVIEW UPON COMPLETION THE USCIS WILL CONTACT YOUR PETITIONER"

Today, I received the below response after I sent an email for response

As per the US Consulate, your application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for administrative processing. Section 221(g) prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established. In this instance, post is attempting to independently verify certain information presented by you at the time of your interview

Could some one let me know what exctly does this mean ?

Thanks

I am in a similar situation. I had my interview on April 17th and I got letter 221(g), submitted everything they asked for on May 2nd 2012. Now the case is under administrative processing. I think you should seek help from a visa consultant or talk to the employer and attorney who filed your visa petition. ur attorney can call USCIS and ask about your case status. I was told by someone to provide an additional document of employee-employer relationship at the embassy. That sometimes works. You can find out about this from this website.http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=3d015869c9326210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

However, since your documents have been sent to USCIS, I don't know if that can still be done.

Good luck!

I am also in same situation. I am also waiting for 5months. VO did not request any documentss, he told me that he wants to verify the documents. I provided already employer-employee relationshop documents , when i applied the h1b application. I don't understand, Why VO issued query to verify the documents.

Also, there is no new changes/information related to my petition number in the uscis.gov

• 4 weeks later...

Archived