Processing of Family members for Commuter Green card holder

Hi

I have US green card and Canadian citizenship, I work in the US and live in Canada and come everyday to work. Even though I call it commuter, but the actual card is a regular card not a commuter card. I was recently told by an officer that lots of people have been by mistake given a regular card instead of commuter card and they have advised me not to change it into actual commuter card since I plan to move soon to the US. My question is about my family.

Does anyone know what is the procedure to process the family visas. Family was approved by NVC but I never paid NVC fee for them nor did I get their medical exam done.

NVC says, Montreal has papers. But Montreal dis not reply my query so far.

Does anyone know what to do

Thank you

With a commuter GC, you can not sponsor family members.

There unfortunately isn't much info on the Web about commuter status. I have a link to one webpage only which covers it. You may want to search for "AlienCommutersUsResidenceStatus"

• 2 months later...

I got my green card under EB2 category. At that time application of my family members were approved but I never processed their papers to get immigrant visa. Now I am working on. Montreal sent me package 3 with DS 230 form. On that form, when I fill for family members..do I use Employment based class or family class.

2. I was under impression that once you have been approved they have already assigned you a visa number. However the embassy email based on current visa bulletein is telling me that visas are not current at this moment. I got visa in Sept 08.

Thank you

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived