H1B transfer with new employer and want to continue with old employer?

Parishilton

I am working for my Old Employer (Say Comp A) and my I-94 is valid till July 2013 with A. My H1B transfer with a new company (Comp B) is approved. I have not joined comp B yet and have changed my mind to continue with Company A, where I am holding a permanent position. Company B have not shared the approval notice of my H1B transfer with me. My questions are:

1) If I continue with old employer A, will there be any issues during H1B extension after July 2013 given I dont have recent approval notice from Comp B. (Though I know the reciept number of visa transfer with comp B which they have shared)

2) If I dont join Comp B can they take any legal action against me.

Appreciate your fast response.

1) If I continue with old employer A, will there be any issues during H1B extension after July 2013 given I dont have recent approval notice from Comp B. (Though I know the reciept number of visa transfer with comp B which they have shared)

=> You can continue with A, there will be no future problem because of this.

2) If I dont join Comp B can they take any legal action against me.

=> They will lose their H1b filing fees, but they can't take any legal action unless you have sign any contract related to this. (Some employers add in offer letter that employee has to pay H1b attorney fees if s/he leaves before specific time e.g. 2 years.)

Archived