waiting on the H1-B decision,but have offer from another employer

goldenhurricane

Hi,

Currently I have a receipt of received H-1B application by the USCIS filed by my current employer. I also have an offer from another employer and he will be filing H1-B visa soon. Do i have to wait until the H-1B from current employer gets approved before I could start working for the new employer?

I also have a valid STEM extension OPT until July 2013

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. currently I am on STEM OPT valid until July 2013. Also this new employer is e-verified . So you mean I can start working for them when i get the receipt ? How long does it take for the receipt if its a premium processing ?

Also, does the pending H1B from my current employer cancel automatically when the new visa is filed?

"Thanks for the reply. currently I am on STEM OPT valid until July 2013. Also this new employer is e-verified . So you mean I can start working for them when i get the receipt ? How long does it take for the receipt if its a premium processing ?

Also, does the pending H1B from my current employer cancel automatically when the new visa is filed?"

=> Because it’s new H1b and COS is involved, you can only start from Oct 1st. Filing H1b by second employer doesn't need the approval of first H1b. They can just file a new H1b for you. In any case you cannot start working on receipt.

Archived